Sunday, July 18, 2010

Smart Boy

I just have to write this down so that I will remember this. My good friend Jenn came down to spend some time just with us last week. She particularly wanted to spend time with Zachary, her godson. She took him to the park and then they went to get some frozen yogurt. Here is approximately their conversation:
Jenn: "You're so lucky you have two places in town to get frozen yogurt. We just got our first frozen yogurt place. I was so excited to go because I'd wanted one in our town for so long. But then I went there and it wasn't very good."
Zachary: "I know what that's like because my sister and I wanted to see Toy Story 3 for so long and then we went and we didn't like it at all."
That's pretty good, huh! He not only empathized with her, but he used an analogy to do it! That's my sweet, sensitive, smart little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment