Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mason Jar Love

I love me a Mason Jar.  I use them for everything... holding food like trail mix, nuts, chocolate chips, popcorn; pens and pencils; poker chips for awards; coins; toothbrushes, etc.  They are so functional, but they're also beautiful!


Clearly I need more popcorn.




This jar was left over from the French themed bridal shower we threw for my sister-in-law.  Why my kids have seven toothbrushes apiece I'll never understand.  This is only some of the toothbrushes in their bathroom.  And apparently Juliette doesn't discriminate.  She just grabs a toothbrush at random and brushes away.  Awesome.

I have a love/hate relationship with my kitchen, meaning I mostly hate to love it.  But a kitchen redo is not going to happen any time soon, so I've decided I need to embrace my country kitchen and make the most of it.  So I started searching at the flea market for old milk jars to use as vases and found that they were $12 a piece!  There was no way I was going to spend that kind of money, when lightbulb!  (Cue Steve Carell in Despicable Me.)  I could use my mason jars!  Here is my first attempt:


Isn't that pretty?  These are just roses from my garden.

At Valentine's Day I kicked it up a notch:


Aren't those pretty?  They are just Trader Joe's tulips and ribbons corresponding to the holiday.  I switch them out for the season.  And of course I've saved them to use them year after year.

The friend, Sarah's mom, Laurie, is an avid antique collector.  She has incredible taste and even does some restoring of her own.  I occasionally benefit from this.  Look what appeared on my doorstep last week:


Isn't she pretty!?

No comments:

Post a Comment