Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rainbow Art Party, Part Two

Ten days of sick kid.  On the couch, watching television for hours on end, not eating, seemingly endless fever, up all night coughing, only getting up to take a shower, curling up in a ball in pain sick.  Not pretty.  Today is our first day of attempting to get back to normal life.  Annalise is outside now, getting some sunlight on this beautiful 80 degree day, proving that she is indeed not a vampire.  Alleluia, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  She may actually go back to school next week and perhaps I will leave the house as well.  Needless to say we've had a lot of bonding time.  It hasn't been that bad.  A little forced prison time with a ten year old: you could do a lot worse.  But it has set me back a bit on the whole productivity thing.  We did, however, make a bit of progress on Juliette's birthday party.

Yesterday, we had-delivered her invitations.  It was a good excuse to get Annalise out of the house for a bit!  Here's what they look like:


Just look at that beautiful girl.  I can't believe my baby is going to be four!

For all of the kids' birthday parties, except for Zachary and Annalise's last parties, I've used a picture of the birthday kid doing something related to the party's theme.  This picture was actually taken over the summer, but I thought it was perfect for the occasion.  Recently I discovered that you can download fonts for free on the internet.  Who knew!?  OK, probably most people, but I didn't.  I love finding and downloading new fonts from dafont.  Here's a link to the website:

http://www.dafont.com

It was fun to write it all in rainbow colors, and the envelopes get addressed the same way.  The poem is not my best work, I freely admit that.  Maybe the days on end without sunlight affected my otherwise stellar poetry-writing skills.

Sadly, other than the guest list and date and time, this is as far as we've gotten with our party planning.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment