Thursday, December 17, 2009

Already, A Life of Crime

Today, Zachary and Juliette and I were shopping for Christmas gifts in our local bookstore. Mostly we wanted to pick out some books for my nephew, Saverio, who is about three weeks younger than Juliette. Zachary, excited to be picking out gifts for a boy, looked at just about every board book in the store. Finally, we settled on That's Not My Plane and That's Not My Monkey. He chose the monkey book first because, "Saverio LOVES monkeys!" (How Zachary knows this, I'm not sure. He hasn't seen him since he was three months old.) Regardless, apparently Juliette loves monkeys, too, because she snatched it out of my hand right away and looked at it in the front carrier the whole time we were in the store. Sure enough, we got out to the car, and as I went to put Juliette into her carseat, in between her little body and mine was the monkey book, totally hidden from view. Already, at the age of eleven months minus three days, she is a shoplifter. Sneaky little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment